Manufacturers of systems used by the transportation industry depend on SSP fittings. SSP is found underneath floor boards, behind panels, and underneath carriages. Just the sort of locations where you need reliability and endurance.
Manufacturers of these types of systems know they can count on SSP quality, performance, and the ability to solve unusual problems with non-standard fittings.
Types of Fittings, Valves, and Tubing for the Transportation Industry
SSP offers an extensive selection of instrumentation valves, fittings, and tubing to meet your transportation applications. Some of our most popular transportation solutions include:
- Ball valves: Ball valves have good shutoff capabilities and consist of a simple pivoting ball with a hole through the center. Ball valves are often used in fuel systems, hydraulics, air brake systems, and loading applications.
- Check valves: Check valves close when back pressure occurs in the flow of material. These valves keep material flowing in one direction through a system, and they are critical in fuel lines, pumps, and injectors where backflow must be prevented.
- Compression fittings: Transportation vehicles use compression fittings to join tubing systems seamlessly. These fittings are easy to assemble and create leak tight seals for hydraulic, transmission and fuel lines, and more.
- Pipe fittings: Pipe fittings encompass a wide range of adaptors, couplings, elbows, and reducers that connect sections of pipe together.
Typical Transportation Applications of Fittings, Valves, and Tubing
SSP’s tube fittings, valves, and tubing have a variety of transportation applications, including:
- Air brake systems: Air brake systems use compressed air in a piston chamber to create force that travels through tubes, valves, and fittings to stop the motion of heavy vehicles such as trucks, tractor trailers, trains, and buses.
- Air tanks: Air tanks carry compressed air for critical transportation operations. The correctly selected fittings, valves, and tubing prevent air leaks and ensure that the tank maintains the desired pressure.
- Fuel system and engine cooling: The fuel system and engine cooling systems of transportation equipment are connected through a complex system of tubing, fittings, and valves that facilitate fuel flow and eliminate excess heat from the engine.
- Transmission: Transmission systems change gears during acceleration and deceleration in cars, trucks, semis, buses, and other transportation vehicles. The correct fittings, valves, and tubing ensure optimal fuel efficiency and prevent engine overload.
Materials for Transportation Components
Transportation components must be durable and capable of withstanding extreme temperatures, high pressure, and corrosive chemicals. The most desirable transportation component materials include:
304/316 Stainless Steel: Strong and highly corrosion-resistant, 304 and 316 stainless steel often make up vehicle exhaust systems. 304 stainless steel in particular is commonly used for heavy-duty transportation equipment like garbage trucks, shipping containers, and tanker trucks that haul corrosive chemicals.
Special Alloy Materials: SSP offers nickel-copper Alloy 400/405 and nickel-molybdenum-chromium C-276 alloys for exceptionally corrosion-resistant pipes, fittings, and valves for a variety of transportation instrumentation and control applications.
Contact SSP for Quality Transportation Components
At SSP, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding instrumentation solutions for our customers in the transportation industry and beyond. For nearly a century, we have set the standard for fluid system components and instrumentation assemblies. Manufactured with exceptional precision, our fluid system components undergo rigorous inspection throughout the manufacturing process to make sure that you receive quality products every time.
SSP understands that time is critical in the transportation industry. That’s why we offer components that are easy to install and replace. Our products withstand the rigors of transportation operations, which means longer equipment service life and less downtime for maintenance, repairs, and replacements.
For more information on SSP’s fittings, valves, and tubing for the transportation industry, contact us today to request a quote.