SSP offers a wide selection of tapered and straight thread pipe fittings and adapters for industrial applications.
- MAWP: 7200 psig
- Temperature Range:
- 316 SS: -425 to 1200°F
- Alloy 400: -65 to 600°F
- Brass: -40 to 400°F
- Bodies: 316/316L SS, Alloy 400, Brass
- O-rings: FKM, Buna
- End Connections
- Sizes: 1/8 to 2 in.
- Threads: NPT, SAE, BSPP, BSPT
- Types: Couplings, Nipples, Plugs, Caps, Tee, Crosses, 90° Elbows, 45° Elbows, Adapters, Bulkhead Straight, Tees and Adapters, Extended, Straight, Elbows and Tees, Pipe and Tube Socket Weld and Butt Weld.
Tapered Pipe Fittings
Tapered Pipe Fittings are still widely used in industry. That is because of their relative low-cost, widespread familiarization among users, lack of alternative port designs offered by many component manufacturers, and/or when exposed to more caustic media which requires the corrosion resistance of metal-only seals.
Straight Thread Fittings
Straight threaded fittings and adapters (also known as o-ring boss fittings and BSPP fittings) seat an o-ring on the shoulder of the male half of the connector against a metal sealing surface on the female port. Sealing is achieved and maintained by o-ring compression resulting from the clamping force generated by the tightening action. The straight threads do not seal; they provide the resistance (holding power) for service pressure.
Straight thread adapters feature:
- Rubber-on-metal seating does not distort any metal parts
- Provide a tangible “feel” when the connection is tight.
- Virtually unlimited disassemblies and reassemblies, though the o-ring should always be replaced as a precaution. Variety of compounds available for compatibility with system and environmental media.
- Adjustable and non-adjustable. adjustable fittings, such as elbows and tees, allow the user to orient the shape in the desired direction before tightening to assemble.