Field attachable hose are reusable fittings design for field installation where welding, swaging or crimping is not available. Field attachable hydraulic hose fittings are designed to enable repair and replacement in the field with minimal downtime. Field attachable hose fittings are available in the follow fitting types:
- Hydraulic hose fittings meeting SAE 100R14, SAE 100R1, SAE 100R2, SAE 100R4
- Push-on low pressure rubber and plastic hose fittings
SSP regularly tests our field attachable hose fittings to industry specifications on hose certified to published standards of the Society of Automotive Engineers.
SSP field attachable fittings consist of two pieces: the insert and the socket, or collar. The insert has machined threads along the outer diameter, which engage the socket during assembly. The socket has deep-tapped inner threads, which allow the hose cover to expand so that sharp lead threads can cut a spiral path into the hose jacket. Following the lead threads are spaced blunt threads that fill with the outer rubber cover of the hose during assembly. All inserts have SSP’s exclusive impregnated “Easy-On” coating, which reduces the amount of torque required during assembly and increases the reusability of the fitting.
- Pressure Range: Up to 5000 psig
- Temperature Range: -40 to 250° F
- End Connections: MNPT, SAE 37° Flared Swivel
- Tube/Thread Sizes: 1/4 to 2 in.
- Hose Sizes: 1/4 to 2 inch
- Materials: 316 SS, Alloy 400
Push-On field attachable hose fittings are one piece fittings manufactured from T316 stainless steel, for use in low-pressure systems. The H802 series also feature a blue plastic hose stop, which is slipped over the barbs to give the installed assembly a clean, fitted appearance. One end of the fitting features barbs or serrations, both have a high surface finish (32 microinches or better) to ensure a clean, smooth-sealing surface. SSP recommends banding the hose or tubing around the middle to top barbs to avoid a blow-off or leak for all fittings except the H802 series, which does not require banding. Field attachable push-on hose fittings cover a broad range of applications. From flexible tubing for pharmaceuticals to suction lines in chemical transfer systems, the appropriate style of fitting is indicated by the hose or tubing selected for the application.
- Pressure Range: Up to 400 psig
- Temperature Range: -100 to 450° F
- Material: 316 SS, Alloy 400, Brass
- End Connections: Male NPT, SAE 37° Swivel, and Tube Stub, Hose Barb and Flexibile Tube Barb.